Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Impressions

After a month of marriage I have learned that sleeping next to someone is not as easy as it may seem. You have to make sure that you stay on your side and don't elbow or even worse, poke their eye out during the night. Quite an interesting adjustment. This past weekend we received our furniture and now we officially have a full bedroom set and a dinning room table with chairs! Our little apartment is beginning to look a little more like a cozy home.
This is also a time to figure out roles and what we need to do to ensure happiness in the home. This part has been a little more difficult for me since I am so independent that it has been interesting depending on someone for everything (we still don't have a second car). So I am becoming a clean freak, I cook a lot and am trying to be as patient as I can. The thing that is amazing to me in all this is that I feel like the Lord is deffinetely trying to teach me an important lesson and that is that a family is built with people depending on one another for love, comfort, support and that independence has its time and place but only very little. Making decissions is quite different because now you both have to agree and that can be a little hard at times.
Overall this past month has been filled with joy and laughter and learning experiences. I love married life and I would not trade it for the world. Scott is a wonderful husband who tries his hardest to make me happy and that is all that I can ask for.

1 comment:

M. said...

see aren't you glad I told you to put on your wedding dress and march in there before I back hand you? :) JUUUUUST KIIIDDDING! :) glad you are loving it there...and i really want to see the cleaning aspect. seeing is believing!