Monday, May 9, 2016
Positivity
Scott has been gone for over a week now and will not be home till Wednesday eve. The day after he left the kids started with a stomach bug which made for a lot of cleaning up for me as well as a lot of laundry and sleepless nights. It hasn't been the nest week. And in the beginning I got so frustrated and mad! I was ALONE! Alone to deal with all of this, with no one to help carry the burden. I cried, wrote exactly what I thought about motherhood and indulged in cheesecake and DrPepper. Then Saturday came and for some reason I woke up feeling more positive. Not sure what made the difference (maybe that I actually got some sleep) but something did. So I decided it was time to train the kids to clean at least their own bathroom. That proved to be such a fun thing that they continued to the other bathrooms as well! SO EXCITING! Then we played for a little bit and were about to lay Becca down for her nap and make plans for the rest of the afternoon when Matt threw up AGAIN! He was the one that started us with this last Sunday! I thought...REALLY? But something was different this time. Instead of being mad and frustrated with the situation, I actually started laughing. Not that it was anything to laugh about because the poor kid was not feeling well at all but because that was all that I could do at that time to not go insane. And you know what??? It helped! It helped me keep positive though him not feeling well all evening, waking up at midnight wanting a drink because he was so dehydrated and then through Becca and Lizzy both throwing up in the middle of the night. I only got 2 hours of sleep last night and cleaned up a lot of puke but I was not bugged with it. So I sit here and as I was thinking about this whole past week and the amount of sickness I realized something. In life there will always be trials. That will never change. The trials will change but we will always have them. Our challenge is how we bear those trials. Will we murmur like I was doing a few days ago or will we chose to be positive like I chose this weekend? When we are positive trials are easier to bear. Now, I know that choosing to be positive is not always something we can do. I have been there where I want to be positive so badly but it just isn't going to happen. So I just do the best I can. But when we can, let's just choose to be happy and positive. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I love you dear Laura. I understand where you are coming from in your struggles with positivities and the HARDSHIPs of motherhood. I have also felt the loss of who I am other than Mother. But somehow we keep going and continue finding the light in the dark.
Happy karwa chauth to all especially to Husbands who keep vrat for their wives and loved ones. Visit karwa chauth in Hindi.
Nice post written.
Great content and description given.
Gambling online in HD format is full of fun and fun waiting for many players to come in contact. Because the current investment is easy to play, you do not have to travel to the casino to play and gambling. In today's technology has grown to overwhelming. Golden slot
Especially IT What is developed so quickly that today we can live betting games from the casino. The system allows investors to play. Betting on a friend is easy to make at the investor's home. Investors who are interested in creating a future with us, the gambler can take a chance to win this. In addition, the player will find another experience that players never found before in life here.
สล็อต experience the fun online world of online gambling games popular throughout the country and around the world. From the Internet casino provider. There is a lot of people interested in coming to the baccarat after winning the most interesting and popular. Online gambling, we focus on the quality of online gambling is more secure than anyone else, enjoy it.
Hi awesome
Post a Comment