Things have been going well since we've been home. I have not been staying down as much as I should but hey, I need to gain my strength back before the little ones come and then I have to be ready to perform 24/7.
We had a baby shower on Friday evening and it was so fun! Everyone was so nice to come and we got a lot of adorable little outfits for the babies. They will be the best dressed babies on the planet, at least for the first 6 months of their life. :) I will post pictures later because I have not yet downloaded them from the camera. Scott and I have been nesting which has been so fun! We put together one of the cribs (we're having them share a crib for the first little while) and got all the outfits washed and put away. But, I have to admit to feeling a little overwhelmed again at the thought that there will be 2 babies and that they will be here sometime during this month! Don't get me wrong...I am very excited to be a mom and very excited to have the twins here but there is just a sense of inadequacy! I have faith however that all will be well and that if the Lord saw fit to send them to us it must be because we can handle it. So now we just wait and see when they decide to make their grand entrance into the world.
10 comments:
I'm so excited for you. I can totally understand the feelings of inadequacy... Jack is almost 13 months old and it still shocks me that I am his "mom". I know you are going to be an awesome mom and they will be the best loved babies you could ever have. Thanks for the update I love to hear how you're doing.
Sense of inadequacy? Ah, welcome to motherhood. Trust me, you are going to be an amazing mother. We all feel inadequate at times but Heavenly Father chose us for a reason, right? Can't wait to meet your babies!!
I say Wednesday. It would be very appropriate ;)
Thursday is Ian's birthday, so it's spoken for- sorry. Just kidding, but Easter babies would be fun- and it's not a bad holiday to be born on because the 12th won't ALWAYS be Easter! :) Hang in there- you'll have a huge rollercoaster of feelings for at least the first year!
I'm so sad to have missed it...but I'll be coming when those little bundles get here! Love you!
How exciting and fun to nest! You two will make great parents. And don't feel inadequate (although it is probably a normal feeling). I think you are going to make such a great mom, seriously!
Your shower was so mcuh fun! It was nice to hang out and talk with you outside of your prison cell...And don't worry you are going to be AWESOME!!!!!!!
You are going to be a great mom! I'm really excited for you, and can't wait to see pics of the little ones! Good luck!!!
I think what you have been through over the last couple of months shows how strong and patient you are. Your babies are lucky to be sent to such a great Mommy!
Just do the best you can and sometimes the best you can is simply getting out of bed in the morning! We are awaiting the news!
Post a Comment