Tuesday, April 7, 2009

5 years

Five years ago today I ended an amazing experience in my life. I have always wanted to serve a mission but Temple Square was not high on my list ( I guess that is the story of most Temple Square sisters.) I loved my mission and I miss it! I would not trade my time on Temple Square for anything in the world. I grew a lot during that year and a half and I learned a lot about myself and the Lord. I loved being able to share with people what I know to be true and bearing testimony of the Lord and the Book of Mormon. And even though Scott and I strive to share the gospel with others still, I miss being a set apart missionary. I really believe that, at least in part, I owe who I am today to my time as a missionary on Temple Square.

7 comments:

Kristen said...

Wow has it really been that long? No way! I'm sure something like that has helped to shape who you are- it was such an integral part of your life! Thanks for sharing! :)

Unknown said...

I cant believe its been that long and also that long since I've seen you! I miss your face...your real face not your digital one :)

M. said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
M. said...

*sigh* remember in the MTC when i came in as late as possible and got stuck on the bottom bunk with fitful crier? Thanks for always letting me ditch her with you ;) Out of all the experiences we had, there really is not putting them into words. I will just give a hearty amen. Still, not a week goes by I don't think of my mission.

here's to memories, lessons and life long friends! xx

Maria said...

You're getting old woman! (says the pot.) I can't believe how time flies. It feels like it was just yesterday that I accompanied Melanie and Allison to Temple Square to meet with the beautiful and slightly intimidating (you guys were so intense) APs. Back then I had no idea how much you would influence and bless my life with your friendship. Thank you. Love ya girlie! I am so glad to hear you are home again and doing well.

Kristina said...

I have to agree about Temple Square! Althoug, I was excited because Meg Ross was my neighbor back home and she had recently returned there plus my old roommate Sarah McDermott was serving there at the time. I'm glad you served because you helped me so much even though I only had you as my teacher for a week in the MTC. You helped me get over my personal space issues. Remember when I almost karate chopped you when you came to give me a hug? I'm excited for your next adventure and the ultimate missionary experience; motherhood. You're going to be great! Not perfect, but great! The good news is that you'll be the perfect parent for those two little babies. No such thing as a perfect parent but when parents love their spouse and children, they become the perfect parents for those they are blessed to care for on this earth. Good luck! Sorry this is such a long comment.

Zwick family said...

Laura and Scott,
COngratulations on the new arrivals!! They are BEAUTIFUL!!!! We are so happy for you guys and hope to see you soon!

Love,
Andrea