Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Our Easter present

William and Elizabeth Schlofman arrived on Easter Sunday at 9:09 and 9:51 AM. And just because they are twins it doesn't mean they are not different. :) They each wanted to come into the world their own way and so he came normal and she came by C section. So yes, I am now recovering from both which let me tell you, is QUITE fun! :) Will was 6 lbs 9 oz and 19 inches and 3/4 long and Lizzy was 5 lbs 7 oz and 19 inches long. She has to be in the NICU for a little bit because her blood sugar was low but they are both healthy and beautiful. (Of course I am biased as the mommy but hey!) You can see pictures under the link for All our pictures here on the blog. We are very excited and grateful for their safe arrival. Thanks everyone for your prayers. We made it!

23 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

You had to give birth both ways?? Oh girlie girl you dont do things the easy way do you?? Congrats on the cute cute babies!

Kristen said...

Congratulations on your new babies! We are so happy for you guys! Enjoy them! Love,
Ben,Kristen,Lucy,and Peter Barker

Ana Lee said...

Laura,

I am happy I found your blog! Congratulations to both you and Scott.

Ana Lee Nelson Hjelm

Brice Family said...

Congratulations!!! They are both absolutely gorgeous. I'm so glad they are both here, and doing well!
I hope you have some extra help for a while with the babies so you can get a little bit of rest while you recover. You are a superwoman! Again, congratulations!!!

Denise and Brandon said...

Oh you poor thing...I wish you the best during this recovery period. It will only get easier from here. I'm so happy for you. Congrats.

M. said...

yeah...yeah... after a 6am text they better have come! ;0) Glad you are doing well. Enjoy being a great new mom and dad. You and scott are FANTASTIC. give your mom a big hug hello. loves and hope to see you soon! xx

Sarah said...

Congrats! I'm so happy for you! And you are the champ of all champs doing double duty delivery.

Alicia said...

Congratulations, Laura and Scott! Your babies are so beautiful! I'm happy everyone is healthy and doing well. Can't wait for new pictures!

Marian and Sadie said...

Congrats Laura, I saw the pictures and the babies are so sweet and cute. We are so have for you guys. Good job! Have fun, motherhood is a blast!

RuSty and LaLa said...

So precious...i got a little emotional just looking at your pictures. They are both beautiful and healthy and woo hoo!

Zwick family said...

Congratulations! They are such beautiful babies! We can't wait to see them. Sounds like you were the labor champ, Laura! Way to go. We are so proud of you both!
Love,
Jeff & Michelle
P.S. I need your address for wedding invitations. Remember way back when you were in that stage of life?!?

Kristen said...

HOORAY!!! Congrats, new mommy [and daddy]! I am SO happy for you- let the REAL journey begin! :)

Stefanie Panhuyzen said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Stefanie Panhuyzen said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Stefanie Panhuyzen said...

Congratulations! They look adorable! Doesn´t giving birth give a whole new perspective of the atonement and all the pains Christ suffered for? What a nice easter surprise for you guys ... new life! Enjoy your bundles of joy! Love, Stef

Unknown said...

OOOOOOOOOOH congratulations you two! that is just wonderful news that everything went well!!!! Can't wait to see the pics. I am going to look at them right now!

Unknown said...

p.s. they are just perfect! Oh they are so cute!!!

Jessica Munk said...

Congratulations!!! That is so exciting! I am glad to hear they are both healthy. And you poor poor thing, recovering from both! I am soooo sorry! I hope you have a lot of help-recovering is so hard!

Cristina Karekar said...

Felicitari draga mea! Congratulations to both of you on your litte Easter Bunnies! They are adorable!!! You are so awesome to go through all this! (I've been through a C-section after attempting normal delivery and I know how "fun" that can be :-))Enjoy this awesome journey of motherhood, it is the best thing ever!

Desiree said...

Both?! I can't believe that. I so hope you heal quick! Congrats on two healthy babies! We're so excited for you!!

Armstrongs said...

They are soooo cute! Congrats to both of you!

Love, The Riemans said...

I love how upbeat and positive you are, recovering from both ways of delivering a baby...you guys have such a beautiful family--again Congrats love!