Monday, November 10, 2008
More immigration frustration
I thought I would get on my soapbox about the immigration process once again, this time on the Romanian side. Why would they make life easier for someone? So, my passport is still in my maiden name and I would like to have it changed to my married name. You would think that would be possible but no. We have to have the marriage registered in Romania and have a Romanian marriage certificate issued. OK, that's not that bad. The only thing is, they are making it almost impossible to do that since no one really knows what needs to be done for that. So you are probably thinking...so just keep the passport in your maiden name. True that and I will for a while. But when the passport expires, I still have to do it because my country of residence will be the US. So, now or later it will need to be done. Whoever said this would be an easy process really had no idea what they were talking about. So now I am only hoping that we can still fly home to Romania for Christmas and maybe I can get a few things done while I am there though I would doubt it since it will be the holidays. Oh well, I guess it will all work out somehow!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
I agree with you. The immigrations process stinks and is not easy. All the best in getting everything sorted out.
1) eat cheese pastries
2) go to park
3) eat donut on way back from park
4) have another wedding
you'll have loads of time for other stuff, see? :)
Laura and Scottie...
We haven't gotten to tell you our official congrats on your little twins. We were so excited to hear the news of twins! You'll be great parents! We love you and are sorry to hear of your immigration frustration. How exciting to spend Christmas in Romania...your family will love having you there and Scott will love seeing your hometown.
We love you and are so excited for you.
Take care! Love, Marianne and Rick
I'm sorry for the frustration. I hope everything works out and your vacation is exciting. Are things going well so far with the babies? and with you and Scott? Good luck with the finalizations of the immigration stuff.
P.S. I tagged you.
That's got to be so tough. I know that most people don't realize how difficult it is with immigration stuff. Your experience has totally opened my eyes. God bless you sweet girl!
How annoying. Don't you just hate all of that official stuff! How are you feeling?
Laura, nu stiu daca mai e cazul, poate ai rezolvat intre timp...
Vroiam sa-ti spun ca am trecut si eu prin chestia cu schimbarea numelui si intregistrarea casatoriei. Se poate face la orice Consulat Roman din USA. Eu am mers la L.A. Nu mai stiu ce acte au trebuit, a trecut aproape un an de atunci,dar i-am sunat pe ei si mi-au spus la tel. de ce e nevoie. Succes! Pupici si La Multi Ani! Stanca.
PS In caz ca te intrebi, am ajuns la blog-ul tau de la Facebook. :-)
Post a Comment