Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Two birds with one stone :)

Today we had a little (though little is not what I would call it) surprise as we went in for our second doctor's appointment. Last time the doctor told us there was a second sac but it looked like there was nothing in it so we though nothing of it assuming it was just a weird angle for the picture and he thought the same. Well, today, as he was checking for the heart beat of the baby, he found that there were 2! Yes, we are having twins. They will not be identical since they are separate but they will be twins! It was so fun to see the little hearts beating and they were moving and turning and it even looked like one was waving. :) So no wonder I am starting to show so early on! But they are active little ones so this will be an interesting pregnancy!
Now, are we excited? Yes we are! We are scared out of our minds and this is just a little more than what we had asked for but hey, if the Lord saw fit for us to have the 2, then there is a reason for it and I will not complain. I know He will make it work somehow. So yeah, here is our exciting news for today. Below you can see the pictures of the babies. They would not pose next to each other so we had to take separate pictures but in the one below you can see the one and then above it the other one's hand. So...there are 2!

14 comments:

Lia said...

Dear Laura,
I have been reading your Blog now for a while and I was really excited for you two, to know that you are pregnant. So I am now even more happier and surprised to read that there will be TWO!!! Wow, that will be a big task for you two but just as you say, the Lord will know why. I wish you both the best, but especially for you that you can have a good pregnancy with not much complictaion.
love,
amalia (from germany:-))

Shauna said...

oh my gosh laura this is the greatest thing i have ever heard. I cant think of anything better for you, two darling little babies...you are patient and loving and kind and I'm sure this is something you will gracefully master just like everything else that comes your way.

Congrats!

Amy Beagley said...

Congratulations Laura! That is so exciting!

Love Emi and Jeanene Stoica

Desiree said...

Wow, that is awesome. Get two done in one labor! Nice. Although I must admit, I would...twins the first time around. That is overwhelming! But if anyone can handle it. You two would! Congrats.

Kristen said...

Congratulations! You guys will be amazing parents! We were really hoping for twins this time.. but, maybe next? Hope you are feeling good!

M. said...

Reading this, my grin is just as big as when you called me yesterday. I love it. Hey, and yes the flight is just 2 hrs!!! ha, ha! CONGRATS YOU TWO!! :)

Peter and Jen Bell said...

Unbelievable! That is beyond exciting. Congratulations.

Kristen said...

Wow, Laura, congrats! I am so happy for you! Looks like all that waiting is paying off. ;) They will be such a blessing in your life!

Erin said...

AHHHH!!!! That is so incredibly exciting!!! This is "Sister Wilson" and I have been meaning to get in touch with you. Congratulations, that is so fun! I am so happy for you. If I were to ever have twins I would want them to not be identical. They will still have that incredible bond but be totally different.
Please email me and I will send you an invite...
erinmecham@gmail.com

So good to read your blog!

Brice Family said...

Hi Laura,
Wow, congratulations!! Btw, most identical twins have separate sacs too, but I think the important thing either way is that having separate sacs is much safer. Anyway, congratulations again! You will be a fantastic mom!

The Hansen Family said...

LAURA! Congratulations! Wow! Not only pregnant, but TWINS! We are so happy for you and Scott! Good luck. But we have no doubt that you are qualified and will be AWESOME parents. Let us know what you guys need. AND WHEN ARE YOU DUE?
Love,
Bryan & Lindsay

RuSty and LaLa said...

CRAZY!
I can't believe it! Your story sounded so...movie like. I think all girls have a secret desire to have twins cause it sounded so fun when you were a kid.
Your gonna get huge!
So fun! We will probably have our babies around the same time now since you got two...you usually deliver early. Very fun!

Marian and Sadie said...

How exciting! You will be a great mom.

Congratulations to you both,

AJ and Marian ;0)

Meg Barry said...

Congratulations! You are in for a wild ride, but it is a fun ride. My grandma made the comment to me once(she had twin boys), "Don't you just feel a little sorry for people who don't have twins?" and the answer was/is "YES!" call anytime...well not tomorrow morning =) but any other time. 409 673 5286.
Love ya!