Looking for a job is depressing! I have applied for over 10 jobs last week alone and nothing has come of it. I know you will say I am impatient but I had applied for over 30 last time with no response. So I am finding myself, with a college degree, in the world of unemployment. I have considered teaching ESL classes at the local community college part time and even working at Michaels'. Ok not really considering Michaels yet. But you never know. :) Every where you turn in Florida there are sales people. So if you are a salesman then you are in the right place because just about anyone that is employed here is doing the same thing you are doing just for a different business. Some sell farmaceuticals for pets, others for humans; there are the ones selling medical equipment for the hospital; there are the ones selling surgical equipment and braces and the list could go on and on. But if you want a job in an HR office, good luck cause the people there have been there since the beginning of the century and will most likely not be going anywhere anytime soon unless asked to. So unless I am willing to go and work for an abusive boss or be a bagger at Publix, Albertsons or Target, there really are not that many options around.
I know this may sound just a little bitter and believe me it is but I am just getting more and more frustrated with the situation that we are in. I know I need to trust that it will all be alright and that at some point a job will come but as you all know I am not the most patient person in the world and therefore this is just a "little" difficult for me...apply and then...wait.
I've been trying to keep myself occupied with doing house work and trying to find a good nutrition book to read since I would like to know more about nutrition and it would be great for Scott and I to eat a little healthier. I know Heath, you would be happy just to know I am eating. :) Other than that, I have been looking at the schedule for plays and other community events that Scott and I would like to attend as well as places we have to go see while we live in this area. I have also realized that since I grew up in Romania I have never read Shakespeare and so I would like to do that too. Any ideas what to start with? Also, if any of you have ideas as to how to go about searching for jobs, please let me know as I am always looking for new ideas.
Other than that, all is well with us. We're just enjoying life. :)
7 comments:
ok, ok, ok
1) you had a FISH named Shakespeare but have never read him?! :)
2) do not let Heath read this post b/c you don't want to know how many jobs she applied for- eep.
3) Michaels, hey dicount on yarn so you can knit to your hearts content?! :)
well, really, chin up it will come!!!!
I know. I am a horrible, horrible person. I have seen Shekespeare plays but never actually read no.
As for Micheals, I have not knit in a long time. Maybe I should pick it up again but it would be so hot for Florida!
Have you tried looking on Craigslist? I know some people who have found really good jobs on craigslist.
just come work for me... ;) but only AFTER you've read Hamlet.
better late then never
congrats on the marriage.. you
looked stunning!
good luck on the job hunt...i had the same issue...and then not anymore when i got pregnant ..no one hires you then hahaha
Eastern E, any luck yet? I've been thinking of you and praying for you!
You can start reading Shakespeare with A Midsummer Night's Dream which is light and fun, after that you can work your way up; make sure you have on your list Hamlet and Macbeth. In my opinion it is easier to read Shakespeare in Romanian than in the original version.
As for the job hunt, I really think that 30 applications a week is hardly enough, but I know it depends on the number of jobs available in the area.
Good luck with finding a job you really like!
Post a Comment