Friday, May 6, 2016

Changes

I guess it has been a very long time since we updated the blog. A lot has happened since the last post. The most important event that has not been recorded here is the birth of our sweet Rebecca Simona on March 11 2014. Yes, she is 2 years old right now and makes sure daily that she is our last child. We all adore her and are so grateful for her safe arrival. AS with my other pregnancies there were complications and we had to have her a day short of 34 weeks. She spent 2 1/2 weeks in the NICU but all was well and we were grateful to be able to bring her home and have our family reunited and complete.
I do feel very blessed to have 4 healthy children with all the complications we have had every time. I need to upload a recent picture of all the kids and post to see how grown up they all look. It is scary how fast time flies. 
After Becca was born Scott took a different position with BREG and he has been traveling a lot. That has been quite a change for all of us since we gave been so used to being together and enjoy that quite a bit. So that has been quite the adjustment. We then proceeded to remodel the entire house and have lived through some crazy things majority of which were done while Scott was out of the country. That has been very hard for me and I have felt alone a lot of times. 

In September 2014 I became a US Citizen. I am very grateful for the country I was born in and also for this amazing country that I get to raise a family in.

While we were in the middle of the remodel we have felt that our time in Florida had come to an end. It was a hard feeling to have since we have loved our life there and our friends and almost everything about it. But when you feel so strongly, against your own will really, that you need to go...you just have to do it. So 2 weeks after finishing all the remodel we put the house up for sale and started trying to figure out where we should go. Arizona seemed like the right place since Scott's family was there but he was not to sure about it and we were both wanting to explore other options. So we rented a car and we drove to Tennessee to visit our dear friends Chad and Melanie Gray. There was a lot of beauty along the way which made me think Atlanta could be a great place but it didn't feel right.

 We fell in love with Nashville but that didn't feel right either. Then the kids and I drove to Alabama to visit my friend Lori and loved every minute of the trip but it didn't feel right either. So on we went with trying to figure it out but it became more and more clear that Arizona was the place. So upon the sale of the house we packed up and moved to Peoria Arizona. Hard to believe we live here now but so grateful for the Lord's hand in guiding us. We really feel that we have been led here by the hand of the Lord. Staring with the fact that we needed to be in Arizona but also to which neighborhood we needed to be in and which house. I do often feel that the Lord has his plan for us and I just need to kick back and enjoy the ride. That is of course easier said than done especially since it has not been without hard times along the way. 

And as if this was not enough, we have also felt that Scott needed to do his MBA. So he embarked on this adventure too leaving me feel like a single mother. He is often traveling or in his office studying. We only have till December before he graduates but there are times i don't feel I will make it. But I am sure we will make it and look back on this time and be very grateful for the lessons we have learned and the experiences we have had. 


No comments: