Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Update and thoughts

First an update. We went to the doctor yesterday and I am now on a modified bed rest for the rest of the pregnancy. I can't make any sort of effort, lift the kids or do much around the house. No grocery shopping or shopping period (that part made Scott very happy:-)) and I am to just take it easy. This will be a long 19 more weeks but I am keeping positive because I have a lot to be thankful for and really my trials are nothing compared to others. Scott and I talked to a man the other day who is selling everything him and his wife own and are packing their 4 month old in the car and driving to NY to spend her last few months with family. She has terminal cancer and so he is preparing to raise a child by himself. That made me feel like my trials were nothing. And if that was not enough, there was a couple I knew at BYU back when they were dating. They were both amazing people and it was fun to see them growing together. They got married and had a couple of kids and during all this he was diagnosed with brain cancer and passed away beginning of this month. I can't imagine having the trials that these amazing people are having to face. All of the sudden, 19 weeks of bed rest seem like nothing. I am just grateful to know that the Lord is there, helping us to go through our trails.

2 comments:

Kristen said...

It's sad what some people have to go through- but no one's trials are greater than another's. They're just different. Bedrest- no matter how "modified"- for 19 weeks IS a trial. It may seem trivial compared to dealing with death, but immobility is something that some people who have dealt with death would not be able to handle! You have your strengths which are determined by your own personal trials- and they have theirs. I'm not saying that your life isn't blessed- because it is- but you shouldn't downplay your struggles just because you know of someone who happens to be going through something that seems harder to you right now.

kimberly said...

But what Scott may not realize (or maybe he forgot) that on-line shopping on bed-rest can be WAY more detrimental to his wallet that walking around the mall with two kids and a pregnant belly shopping! I hope you have a good computer!! Love ya!