Wednesday, November 24, 2010

29

29 years ago today was born the most amazing man in the world. I was not fortunate enough to meet him till 25 years later but am so grateful that I get to spend eternity with him. Yes, Scott is 29. And let me tell ya, he has done wonderful things in the past 29 years.

*He has blessed the lives of his sisters with the example of what a man should be and how he should treat women.
*He has blessed the lives of people at both BYU-Idaho and BYU by attending the University and being involved in all the programs that he was a part of
*He has blessed the people of Santiago Chile by having brought the gospel to as many as would listen.
*He has blessed my life by asking me on a date and then asking me to marry him
*He has blessed my life by taking me to the temple where we could be Sealed for Time and for All Eternity
*He has blessed my life by taking me to South Florida where we have been building our family
*He has blessed my life by giving me twins and working along side me to raise them
*He has blessed my life by holding true to the covenants that we made and by honoring his priesthood.

I could go on and on about how this man blesses my life daily but I want to share a few things about him you may not see because he is too humble to put them out there:
  
*He has an amazing voice and the spirit is so strong when he sings
*He writes poetry. I will try to get permission to post some that he has written because they are really amazing
*He is VERY creative. With everything! Starting with activities that we can do as a family, to a recipe that he NEVER follows but it turns out amazing, to decorating our house. It's just his talent.
*There is nothing he would not do for his family; and I don't mean just the kids and I but his parents, sisters, cousins. He is a very devoted man
*He cares so much about the Young Men in our ward! There are very few things he would not do for those boys. (mainly cause he is one of them at heart)

I don't think Scott will ever grow up and I don't want him to. He knows when he needs to be serious and he knows when he can have fun. He is truly my best friend.

I LOVE YOU SCOTT! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

5 comments:

Gunnell Fam said...

What a great guy! Happy birthday scott.

Stacie said...

Happy Birthday to SCOTT!!! 29, wow! He is almost as old as JJ and I :-)
What a great guy Scott is. and what a wonderful wife he has to remind him of that!

Nick Helmick said...

Laura,
I went to high school with Scott and I must agree that he has an amazing voice. We were very lucky when he finally decided to participate in the musicals our junior and senior years. What an added bonus we had. There are some stories I could share, but will hold off on them until I have his permission to share them. Nothing bad at all. We had nothing but good times in the theatre.

I hope you have an AWESOME birthday Scott!

Hope you have an amazing day!

Nick Helmick

Kristen said...

Awww... happy birthday, Scott!

carolyn said...

Happy Birthday Scott!! What a beautiful tribute by your loving and eternal wife! Scott you are a blessed man and enrich the lives of those around you! You are a great guy!! I wish you an SUPER WONDERFUL birthday with your family!