Thursday, July 2, 2009

Pistachio ice cream

Back when I attended BYU I was introduced to Spumoni. I love Spumoni but only for the fact that it had pistachio ice cream as part of it and until now, that was the only way I could eat it. But Monday as I was grocery shopping at WalMart, to my surprise I found this...
Maybe everyone else knew that this existed but I had no clue. So imagine my excitement, especially since lately, due to breastfeeding, I have not been able to enjoy some of my most favorite things such as chocolate. But the downside to having found this is that only 2 days later, there is but 1/4 of the container left. :( I know what you're thinking but please don't say it. I just love my pistachio ice cream. :)

11 comments:

Megan said...

Don't worry-no judgment from me. I eat whole things of ice cream by myself way faster than it should be consumed by an entire family. I'm glad you have found joy in ice cream. :)

Kristen said...

Oh no- I could have told you about pistachio ice cream! It's one of Ian's favorites! Glad you found it now though- I'm sure a gallon of ice cream here or there won't hurt though. :)

Desiree said...

You eat as much icecream as you would like girl. You deserve it!!

M. said...

now i want ice cream..thanks a lot. Ben & Jerry's pistachio is second to none. Well minus all of gelato ;)

M. said...

p.s. and as we discussed, yes, I am just reaffirming: Good job on random post!

alex dumas said...

Doesn't seem like a downside to me... Just.Buy.More.

RuSty and LaLa said...

Reasons why you should eat all the ice cream you like.

#1 Your last post...reason enough
#2 Ice Cream is God's greatest (edible) gift to mankind
#3 Your feeding two kids and that burns a lot of cals

go finish that ice cream

Lindsay said...

Laura! Have you tried Hagen Das Pistachio ice cream? I swear, it's the BEST pistachio ice cream EVER! SO GOOD!!! Sometimes I eat the whole thing by myself... in one sitting. And if your grocery store doesn't carry it, you can request it. And they should be able to get it in the next shipment.
I'll have to try the Blue Bunny kind though. Mmmm... LOVE pistachios!

Anonymous said...

Laura-
e-Mail to follow
Raini

Em said...

Now I know what to have in the freezer for our next craft night...

Bill Tanna Ava Fox said...

ok what a fun week with you... I only wish we could have had more girl time! by the way.... I am totally obsessed with pistachio ice cream and also the only reason I love spumoni!!! AHH we will share the container together when I come visit in a few months! love you girl!