Tuesday, March 3, 2009

A regular day while on bed rest

Here is an idea of what my days look like here:

6:00 am wake up and take the meds
6:00 - 8:00 am doze in and out of sleep as doctors come in and breakfast is brought
8:00 - 10:00 am eat breakfast and try to doze in and out of sleep some more while the nurses come in to check vitals and monitor the babies
Sometime between 10 and noon I get to take a shower and get the bed changed after which I am consigned to it for the rest of the day (except to go to the bathroom).
Noon is lunch time and from there come ultrasounds once a week, weightings, more doctors visiting, more meds to take and in between all that I will spend my time watching a movie, surfing the net, planning stuff for when the babies are here and the occasional nap.
Then dinner is at 5 and then Scott gets here which makes the evening so enjoyable and makes it go by quite fast. That is a rundown of my day, for the most part. :)
Now, I know what you're thinking...that is a lot of sleep. Well, let's define sleep. If you're thinking of someone sleeping through the night and then sleeping so much during the day then yes, that is a lot of sleep. But since that is not the case with two, very active little ones in my tummy, there is really not enough sleep. With the boy being so low he is constantly on my bladder and so I have to go to the bathroom about every hour during the night and if I don't drink water I get dehydrated which in turn causes contractions which would make them put me on an IV. So we're trying to prevent that. :)
Anyone jealous and wanna trade? Even if you do, sorry but no can do. This is all for my babies!

6 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Wow Laura, you're such a trooper! Bed rest doesn't sound like much fun. I bet your babies are grateful for you :)

Zwick family said...

Hi Laura!
We are all praying for you and Scott and the babies. You are doing such a great job. I can't imagine being in the hospital for so long. I know you will do whatever it takes. That's what is so wonderful about both of you. We love you.

Laura said...

Sleeping was hard to do with one baby in me, two babies must make it impossible for you to sleep. I am so glad that things are going better than expected. There truly is power in prayer.

Jessica Munk said...

Wow, you are so strong! Good luck with everything! And congrats!

Jess said...

Trust me, anyone that has ever been pregnant does not envy you. Sleep? Hahaha! If you want to call it that. There is no such thing as comfortable sleep when you have one baby in you, let alone two. You are doing great. Keep up the good work. It will all pay off in the end.

Love, The Riemans said...

What time do you usually go to bed for real at night? Everytime I have time to call (and I really want to) it's about 11pm...after boys are in bed and house is cleaned up from daily activities. How late is too late? I love you and think of you often!