How do you make Valentine's Day romantic while laying on a hospital bed? Well, Scott called the nurses and they plotted to get me outside for 30 minutes. I had 30 min wheelchair privileges but I was just not taking them because I want to be cautious but on Saturday I had to cause the nurses came into my room and all they said was..."you're going for a ride today." So they took me outside where Scott had set up a table and had flowers and dinner set up for us. It was so cute! So we got to enjoy 30 min of fresh air and time with my husband away from the confines of the hospital room. I love my husband so much! He has been so supportive through this whole time even though I know it has been hard for him cause he feels so helpless!
As for an update on our situation, they had to up the dose of our medication because we stopped responding to it and I was having contractions again so that was on Tuesday. We will be 29 weeks tomorrow which means we have beat the odds by almost 3 weeks cause the doctors were not sure we would make through the first 48 hours. So that is very exciting and we are now working on getting to 30 weeks. The little boy is very low, so low in fact that they could not measure his head when they did the last ultrasound and so they took away my wheelchair privileges which I am quite ok with. Anything to not see my babies in the NICU. The babies are estimated at just under 3 lbs each which is great and we are making sure they keep on growing. It's such a crazy feeling the babies move inside of me. They are both on the go 24/7 and I wonder if they ever sleep. They have started getting the hick ups which is really funny also.
Overall we're doing good and we are in good spirits and we keep praying that we can make it to at least 34 weeks though my goal is 37. Thanks everyone for your prayers and thoughts. It really means a lot!
10 comments:
Laura...
I'm so grateful that you and the babies are still doing well. I'm so proud of my little romantic cousin on Valentine's Day. You go Scott! We will continue to pray for you. From my days working in the NICU...I can't tell you how wonderful 29+ weeks sounds! Keep going! We sure love you guys!
Love, Marianne and Rick
YOU AMAZE ME.
I love ya Laura! Seriously when we move can I just pack you and your little family and take you along.
Laura,
This is Andrea (Zwick) Fredric. I'm so happy to hear that you're doing so well. We are also thinking of you and praying for you. We love you guys!
You're a strong woman, I always knew it, ~On another note, isn't it amazing how much you love those little guys before they're even born? It's amazing.
What a sweet husband you have. Hang in there.
Scott is awesome! So romantic. I am so happy to hear that all is going well. Good for you, doing everything you can to give your kiddos a good shot at staying in there longer. Let me know if I can do anything for you.
Laura,
I'm glad that you could still celebrate Valentine's with Scott. You are doing so great!!! We can't wait for your sweet babies to get here. Let us know as soon as they do!!! We love you guys!!
Andrea
The Carlson's love you and will keep you in our prayers!!
Oh my gosh - Carolee told us about you valentine's day outing - How cute is that? I am glad to hear that you are beating the odds - we are praying for you and your little ones.
Post a Comment