Saturday, February 7, 2009

Update

We have been in the hospital for 5 days now and have been getting more and more used to the idea that we are here for a couple of months at least. The nurses have been so nice and the whole staff is just so kind and helpful! The doctor told us yesterday that everything looks stable and we just need to keep going that way. The contractions have been stopped but we are still at high risk because of how far we had gotten in the labor so I need to be extra cautious. Last night Scott and I got to take a tour of the NICU and let me tell you, as determined as I was before that these babies are not to be born before the due time, now I am even more so. We saw babies born at 24 weeks and they were so tinny and hooked to all these monitors and it was just so sad to see. There were some there born at 26, 28 weeks and so on and it just is better when they are born on time. So we will do everything in our power to make sure that these babies do NOT come into the world for another 8 weeks at least.

2 comments:

Kim said...

yikes....mine dont want to come out and yours apparantly are in a hurry. Are you bored?! I hated being in the hospital. no family around...seeing my hubby only in the evening...no internet or nothing. All the best!!!!

Marjorie said...

I just want to let you know that you are in my thoughts and prayers.

Take care of you and the baby's.
Marjo