Thursday, February 5, 2009
News
Well, there has been quite a bit that has happened since the last post. On Monday we went in for a regular doctor check up and found out that we were in pre labor at 26 weeks. I was having contractions and not feeling them which is obviously a bad thing. I was dialated to a 3 and the water would have broken any day had we not found out. So we were sent straight for the hospital where we were admitted and out on a monitor and medication to stop contractions ASAP. We were having about 5 contractions in 8 min and I was not feeling anything! I was put on Magnesium Sulfate and given an IV and antibiotics and strict bed rest. We were also given a series of 4 steroid shots that would help with the development of the babies lungs so that if they were to be born early, they would have a better chance of survival. So far so good. We are off that strong medication and we have finished the shots but I am still on bed rest in the hospital and the doctor has lead us to believe that this will be my home away from home for the next while till these babies come. I do have access to the Internet and will try to post some updates every now and and then but please keep us in your prayers so that all can go well and that we can keep these babies in till at least 34 weeks. We feel very blessed already that the Lord has inspired our doctor to check even thought it was too early to do so and also one of His tender mercies is that my in-laws were in town and so my mother in law was able to stay and help us out and be a great support. The Lord has been very kind to us and we are so grateful!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
oh my Laura! Josh had actually talked to Scott right when this all happened and so I have been thinking about you a lot lately! We will be keeping you in our prayers!!!!
Oh my dear panda... Ever since we spoke mid your complete-drug-induced-state you have been in my prayers. It will ALL WORK OUT! Call when you need to, we can always play that game we made up driving cross country... I'll start, here are your 5 objects:
tape gun, beta fish, glasses, horse shoe and noodle necklace... GO!
You are in our prayers! Take it easy...follow your docs orders! We love you guys. Keep us updated!
Oh, Laura- that's so scary! I will certainly be thinking of you- and praying for you and your new little family. I hope all goes well and the worst of it is that you're bored for a few weeks in the hospital!
Wow Laura!! What an experience!! You will definitely be in my prayers. Best of luck!
I think these kiddos just can't wait to meet their awesome mommy and daddy :), but they're just going to have to wait! We will most definitely keep your whole family (especially you and the babies) in our prayers! Good luck Laura!
Well thank goodness you are in the hospital where they can keep an eye on those babies! Ok, so I know you are going to get crazy bored so please please please let me know if you need anything. I am super close and you have my number. Use it!
Oh friend! You and your little ones are in our prayers!
Not Able To Feel Contractions!!!? What a blessing! I hope you have tons of children! :D
Post a Comment