Monday, December 1, 2008

Thanksgiving

This was my first Thanksgiving ever spent with family. Scott's parents were very kind and they flew us out to Arizona to spend it all together. It was such a wonderful time! I love my in laws and I am so grateful for their hospitality! We spent our time shopping, making food, eating, playing games and having a great time together. It was so sad to leave! I am very grateful for 3 wonderful sister in laws whom I can have so much fun with. Molly's so cute with her little belly! She will have a beautiful little girl in April and we are so excited for her. :) And Nik and Scott got a great taking to from Dad who made sure to help them understand that since we are pregnant we are more sensitive and therefore they need to understand that and make us feel beautiful. It was funny.
On Friday, Mandy got us all up to go Black Friday Shopping which I have never done before and am not sure if I will ever again. We shall see. This year it was maternity clothes. :) Molly and I did get some good stuff. But since we also had to fly back to Florida, we couldn't buy too much stuff. It was fun because the whole family (except for Dad) went and so we all got to share in the excitement and the long lines. :)
We got home at 3:30 AM this morning because of the delay in Atlanta. Just as a suggestion, if you can avoid flying through Atlanta or Chicago, do it. There seems to always be some kind of bad weather or airplane trouble and therefore all flights were delayed yesterday. Oh well, we made it and we are very thankful to have had such a great time. Unfortunately we forgot our camera and so we don't have any pictures but we will hopefully get some from my in-laws and post them then.
I will end this saying that I am so thankful to have been raised in the gospel by good parents and that I have met and married a wonderful man who also has a great family. I am also so grateful for 2 little babies on the way whom I am sure will fill our lives with even more joy. We have been blessed with so much that I know I would be ungrateful to my Heavenly Father if I was not thankful for all He has given me.

3 comments:

Desiree said...

Sounds like you had a great time! We were so in AZ too...lol. I always find out after the fact that friends went to AZ for the holiday. I have to get better at keeping up with everyone. Anyway, glad your Thanskgiving was good. And it is about time for another prego picture! :)

Jess said...

I agree. Let's see that belly!

M. said...

glad you had fun... still say you should have come to N.C. :) juuust kidding. Cute maternity clothes are always worth it, i say. :) The getting up was just practice for the babies!