This being our first 4th of July as a married couple we decided to take a little trip. So on Thursday afternoon, after Scott got done with work, we left for the W side of Florida, for Sarasota. It's about a 3 hour drive but some of Scott's extended family was there on vacation so we thought we would join them. We got there and found out there was a speed boat show that evening on main street and since Scott loves boats of any kind, we went to the show. It was a full on party with lots of beer and smoking and live music. It was interesting to see drunk people all over the place. Interesting I must say.
The 4th was spent on the beach...I know, life is hard for us:) We had fun hanging out with family and being together. We even had our own firework show on top of the amazing firework show they had on the beach. It was really amazing. There were all these people with tons of fireworks! Then on Saturday we took a long walk through the Marie Shelby Botanical gardens where Scott took a million pictures of flowers and we just enjoyed the nature walk. I want a gorgeous garden for my house! Here are some pictures:
This is for Melinda. Here are the curtains I made!
As you can see, this is a big boat!
Scott enjoying the sun!
Myself enjoying the sun!This is in the garden
That's us :)
Scotty's sad cause I took his camera away. But that's the only way I could take pictures of him!
Scott loves lizards!
Beautiful flowers and view!
Soon to be a butterfly!
As you can tell, we have enjoyed our weekend. Yes, we have lots of fun together and our friendship and love only grows deeper with time. (That's cheesy me!)
3 comments:
Awwww...so cute! Love your bathing suit. That wouldn't look so cute on me right now :) We are going to be living in Davie. My husband will be going to Pharmacy school at NOVA. We are really excited about the move and exciting new adventure. We will have to get together sometime. You can teach me how to make curtains :)Do you know of any other sisters nearby? How long have you lived there?
Looks like a fun holiday.
I was reading about your immigration blog on June 20 and I totally feel your pain. It took 1 year from the time we were married for me to get my green card, even though I sent the papers in within a week. I didn't apply for a work permit since I was still in school. It took 3 months to get documents to allow me to leave the country. We missed our own reception in Kenya! I changed my name after we'd been married two years, because it is a pain to do it before, but if you want to change that on your green card also, it costs a lot so I'm waiting.
When you finally get the green card, it is conditional for 2 years from the time you got it, so for us, 3 yrs after we got married. After that you have to apply for a permanent one, which costs $600. If you don't, you lose all your rights and have to start from scratch. Mine is expiring in less than a month!
Anyway, we did everything by ourselves. Did not rely on the info online- we went to the immigrations office and picked up all the papers and asked questions. It was a pain, but at least we didn't have to pay for a lawyer.
Good luck. Your work permit should be coming soon.
I'm on the count down til i get to see you! What a fun 4th and what a cute couple! i love you!
Post a Comment